Thursday, July 30, 2009

this is not a test.

I am just curious if people actually believe this. I suppose so if they have a strong enough inkling to post a handmade sign on their fence. There are moments when I am riding my bike and actually have to turn around to make sure that what I am seeing is real. This was one of those times. Here I am riding down the upper Heights streets surrounding my own, engrossed by the amount of flora people have in their lawns and the beauty and color that summer flowers in Texas bring and I come across this sign. This mean, nasty, hateful sign. In a time period where the word terrorist is a strong one, where we have encountered acts of terrorism on our own soil, we have people posting signs such as this on their lawns. I am just not sure how to take things such as this. I suppose you get to a point where people's level of how ridiculous they are shouldn't get to you and you should laugh at how silly people can be. So that's what I have to do. Laugh, and keep looking at the flowers.

1 comment: