Thursday, July 30, 2009

confessions of a reality tv junkie

So summer has come and gone with swiftness, but also, of late, seeming to occur at a much slower pace. It's strange to believe that I have passed the last few months with such leisurely days. Most days I've spent time watching more television (embarrassingly enough) than I ever have in my life. I know more about reality television programs than I ever have. I've felt strangely unproductive this summer. My typical summer reading has become nonexistant, as I've only read about three books over the course of the break.

I had many plans on which I did not exactly follow through. I moved into my own house and accomplished getting the place in order, but I didn't ever really work on the flowerbeds that I planned to create. I checked out books from the library that I have always wanted to read and renewed them leaving them unread. I sat down, designed my tattoo, and left it in my sketchbook.

All these plans have gotten brushed aside due to lazy days of relaxing.

And I don't feel bad at all. I'll be well rested when I go back to work for the first few weeks of school.

But I think I will go get the bike out of the garage, put on some shoes, and explore the Heights.

I've just got to get the energy first.

1 comment: